(203) 975-7990 info@e2value.com

The Daily Advertiser reports that on Wednesday night, a house fire erupted in Lafayette, Louisiana. The fire is believed to have started when a burner was accidentally left on the stove, and a pot of grease ignited. The residents were able to flee the house quickly. A half hour later, two neighbors entered the house, attempting to rescue the residents, not realizing they had fled. Due to the heavy smoke, the neighbors had to turn back.

The Lafayette Fire Department arrived on the scene to find the two neighbors suffering from smoke inhalation. Their injuries were not expected to be serious, but they were hospitalized as a precaution. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly. Fire damage was limited to the kitchen, with smoke damage throughout the house. Restoring a home after smoke damage can be a costly process, depending on the extent of the damage. 

As the leading provider of web-based property valuation solutions, e2Value can assist you with all of your Insurance-to-Value (ITV) and collateral value monitoring needs. Whether you are looking for valuations for high-value homes, mainstreet homes, condos, co-ops, commercial properties, manufactured homes, log cabins, or farms and ranches, our patented estimator can quickly calculate the cost of replacing a residential, commercial or farm structure, and provide you with a fast, cost-effective and accurate replacement cost valuation.